Code of Ethics
Membership in this Association shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
We, the members of the Heart of Texas Apartment Association, Inv., recognizing our duty to the public, the resident, and the owner, or manager, and being aware of the vastly increasing role of the rental housing industry in providing the home of the future, and in order to provide the public with the maximum in quality and service upon the highest standards of honesty and integrity, do hereby bind ourselves, with the adoption of this Code of Ethics, with each and every member, together and alone, agreeing that, so long as we remain members of the Heart of Texas Apartment Association, Inc., and so long as nothing contained herein shall be unlawful, we shall:
1. Promote, employ and maintain a high standard of integrity in the performance of all rental obligations and services in the operation of multi-family housing communities.
2. Maintain and operate multi-family housing communities in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competition, ever mindful of the purposes of the Heart of Texas Apartment Association, Inc., in compliance of the Bylaws thereof.
3. Strive continually to promote the education and fraternity of the membership and to promote the progress and dignity of the multi-family housing industry in creating a better image of itself in order that the public may be better served.
4. Seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of the public may enjoy the many benefits of multi-family housing living.
5. Establish high ethical standards of conduct with multi-family housing rental agencies, suppliers, and others doing business with the multi-family housing industry.
6. Endeavor to expose all schemes to mislead or defraud the multi-family housing residing public and to aid in the exposure of those responsible.
7. Refrain from attempting to obtain residents, through advertising or otherwise, by means of deceptive, misleading or fraudulent statements, misrepresentations or the use of implications, unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
My submission of this form constitutes my agreement to abide by the Code of Ethics of the HTAA. In the event of termination of membership, I/we agree to immediately discontinue the use of the HTAA logo, TAA forms and membership services.